Finding the perfect prom dress can be daunting, but it’s only half the battle. Once you have your dress, you need to accessorise it to complete the perfect look. A red prom dress is a bold and beautiful choice to make you stand out. But accessorising it can be tricky, as the colour itself is already quite striking. However, with the right accessories, you can create a stunning and cohesive look that compliments your dress perfectly.
The following section of the article will discuss a few tips and tricks to help you create any look you want.
Choosing the Right Jewellery
When it comes to a red prom dress, you want to choose jewellery that complements the colour and doesn’t overpower it. Following are some things to keep in mind:
- Keep it simple: A red dress is already quite bold, so you don’t want to go overboard with jewellery. Keep it simple with a pair of stud earrings or a delicate necklace.
- Match the metal to your dress: If your dress has gold embellishments, choose gold jewellery to complement it. If your dress has silver accents, choose silver jewellery.
- Consider the neckline: The neckline of your dress can help determine the type of jewellery you should wear. If your dress has a high neckline, opt for statement earrings instead of a necklace. If your dress has a V-neckline, a simple pendant necklace can be a great choice.
- Don’t forget the bracelet: A simple bracelet can be a great addition to your look, especially if your dress has short sleeves or is sleeveless. Choose a bracelet that compliments your dress without overpowering it.
Shoes and Clutch
The shoes and clutch you choose can make or break your prom look. When looking for them, keep the following things in mind:
- Consider the style of your dress: Strappy sandals can be a great choice if your dress is long and flowing. If your dress is short and flirty, a pair of heels can help elongate your legs.
- Choose a clutch that compliments your dress: Your clutch doesn’t have to match your dress exactly, but it should complement the colour. A simple black or metallic clutch can be a great choice.
- Opt for comfortable shoes: Remember, you will be on your feet for several hours, so it’s important to choose shoes that are both stylish and comfortable. Consider a lower heel or a pair of flats if you’re not used to wearing heels.
Hair and Makeup
Your hair and makeup can also help tie your prom look together. Here are some tips you can follow:
- Consider an updo: An updo can help showcase the neckline of your dress and give you a sophisticated look. Consider a sleek bun or chignon if your dress has a high neckline.
- Choose a makeup look that compliments your dress: A bold red lip can be a great choice if you want to keep your makeup simple. Consider a neutral eye with a subtle lip colour if you prefer a more natural look.
- Don’t forget about accessories: Hair accessories, such as a sparkly hairpin or a floral headband, can help add a little something extra to your look.
Accessorising your prom dress can be a fun and creative process that can take your look to the next level. From choosing the right jewellery to picking the perfect shoes and clutch, there are many ways to create a cohesive and stunning look. Remember to keep it simple, consider the style of your dress, and don’t be afraid to add a little something extra to your hair and makeup.
Author : Ellen Hollington